Re: [OM] Skewiness part 3

Subject: Re: [OM] Skewiness part 3
From: "." <clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 13:58:13 -0600
AG Schnozz wrote:

> If I folded the film tip before inserting in the take-up spindle
> so the film rolled tighter on the spindle that helped
> marginally, but was no guarantee.

I don't know if this has any relation to your problem, but it is vitally
important that you insert the film leader INTO, but NOT THROUGH, the
take-up spool when loading film.  If the leader is pushed all the way
through the take-up spool, there is an almost certainty that the film
will begin to jump teeth on the sprocket, causing overlapping frames
(usually after about 12 frames or so, sometimes more).