Re: [OM] Saturday Sports Shooting

Subject: Re: [OM] Saturday Sports Shooting
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 00:16:06 -0800
on 2/3/02 6:44 PM, Mike Darling at cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Can anyone suggest some references for 'advanced' sports photography?
> Remote strobes and such?  I've got about a year left here at school and we'
> ve got some serious possibilities to make it into some championship games
> in the near future.  Having some NCAA sports shots in my portfolio might
> come in handy someday :)

I went to a 'pro' sports event here (watch the Warriors lose) and there was
some professional photographers right at courtside. No flash on their
cameras but every little bit a very fast flash lit up the 'whole' court. I
think they used remote triggered (radio?) studio-type strobes set up in the
arena ceiling over certain areas of the court, maybe with enough overlap to
cover the whole area. Probably a very expensive setup... not sure how you
could duplicate this without renting or buying the equipment, and having
approval to install it.
--

Jim Brokaw