[OM] I am I am Retro-grouch I am

Subject: [OM] I am I am Retro-grouch I am
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 07:49:47 -0800 (PST)
> Well, since no one else asked.... how did this happen? -  you
> went straight
> from "wanting to grow up" to "being a retro-grouch" ??

I suppose if it barks like a duck, it probably is a duck.

Why, oh, why am I considered a "retro-grouch"?

It means having six lenses instead of two.  I don't consider
that to be retro-grouchness, but just plain economic sense.  For
almost five years now I have been on a very tight photographic
budget and I've bought and sold some nice equipment to get down
to a nice, tight, usable package that meets my needs with
limited compromise in quality.

Trust me, if I could afford the latest, greatest, fanciest,
best, shiniest, wonderbrick with all of the most wonderful
lenses made.  I would get it.  I harbor no thoughts about my
equipment being superior to anybody elses.

Our financial status is finally starting to improve and I am
getting the itch (I know there are creams for that) to get into
medium format.  Olympus has supported the OM line for 30 years
but it is now officially manufacturer discontinued.  As much as
I enjoy the OMs, as a professional, I know that I'll eventually
have to bail.

I wouldn't call that "retro-grouch", would you?

AG-Schnozz