RE: [OM] I am I am Retro-grouch I am

Subject: RE: [OM] I am I am Retro-grouch I am
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:15:28 -0800 (PST)
> But why just a 645?  If you are going to go medium format, you
> might as
> well use that larger film for the short dimension, no?

I do like the 6x7 format, but size of the camera/lenses and the
lack of modern features minimizes the advantage.

Besides, I can get digital backs for 645 cameras.  I really like
the idea of settling in on a single system camera that does it
all--providing larger negs for the darkroom and digital
capability without obsolecence.

Cost per shot of 645 is much better than 6x7 too.  The
film/processing costs eat you alive.  With 645 you can get
something like 30 shots on a roll of 220.

With our modern films, I am very pleased with 645 and find no
driving reason to go beyond it.  35mm is just a hair too small
though.

My wife has agreed to a new camera system as soon as we have
caught back up, financially.  We're getting there.  I just have
to stay disciplined and not want a new Jeep.

AG-Schnozz