Re: [OM] Spot on negs?

Subject: Re: [OM] Spot on negs?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 08:52:48 -0500
Home processing can be tricky.  Example:  after pouring developer in, if the
tank is not "rapped" a few times on the table, (then agitated for 5 seconds
every  30 seconds ((or every minute?)) dozens of tiny air bubbles can get
stuck to the film surface and cause undeveloped dots.  Too much agitation
will cause dark areas along the edges due to increased turbulence between
the film edge and reel.  There are entire books written about defects in
finished film caused by processing errors.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
New OM & Used, Digital, Pearlcorders, Binoculars
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121