Re: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series 2
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 12:40:25 -0600
{He don't know Olympus, do he? ;^)}

That's actually Olympus U.S.'s modus operandii (?) -- whenever they get in a
bind, they just fire people and throw everything within arms reach into the
dumpster!

On my list trip to Oly/NY, we (all the guys there for training) noticed that the
new "compacting" dumpster in back was sealed and padlocked -- no way to get to
anything inside.  Probably another example of knee-jerk-ism resulting from the
rampant corporate paranoia there.  Now they've even got "security guards" at the
entrance who make you list everything you bring in -- or at least they're
supposed to.  When several of us tried to leave with our personal laptops (which
we were required to bring for training), they tried to keep them, saying we
hadn't filled out the proper paperwork and they must therefore belong to
Olympus!  In the meantime, dozens of Olympus employees filed passed, unsearched
-- ony one of them could have had their pockets full of parts and memory cards
worth $1000's!