Re: [OM] Soligor Macro teleconverter, same as Vivitar?

Subject: Re: [OM] Soligor Macro teleconverter, same as Vivitar?
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 23:55:14 +0100
I also have a Vivitar Macro Teleconverter, and recently found a Tamron
F-series Macro Teleconverter that is identical. So who is the original
manufacturer (clearly not Vivitar, who are just a marketing company)?

Roger Key

I was looking at this auction for a Soligor Macro
teleconverter 1329377661 . And it looks exactly the
same as my Vivtar macro teleconverter. So does this
mean my Vivtar is actually a Soligor made TC or is it
a Vivtar made but rebadged Soligor TC. Also why in the
world do they rebadge these things?

Mark Lloyd