RE: [OM] synch to TV [OT]

Subject: RE: [OM] synch to TV [OT]
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:05:30 -0000
Agreed, Bill, it would be very difficult to do.  In the UK, where I have
worked on Football, Rugby, etc. TV OB's for a while, there has never been
any connection, cable or wireless, between the TV equipment and the
Photographers' equipment.  UK also has slightly different frame rate too !!
(cue PAL vs NTSC wars !)

Besides, we regularly see the flashes going off when watching televised
sport.  The fact that the photographers are generally looking at the game,
as are the TV cameras, means there isn't really a problem.  Only when the
flash is pointed at the TV camera would it look a bit funny.  Even then, pro
TV cameras cope with it remarkably well - only "consumer" vid cameras would
be adversely affected with their auto iris, auto white balance, auto
everything.

Bandwidth usage over !

Jon

PS: good to be back.  Signed off for a week as I was away.  Did I miss
anything important ?!!!