Re: [OM] L-5

Subject: Re: [OM] L-5
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:16:00 EST
In a message dated 02/06/2002 11:54:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ClassicVW@xxxxxxx writes:

I think this IS the 'real' IS-3 replacement if one reads Olympus'
announcement carefully. It has a 'this camera does everything' and 'all
you'll need' tone to it.

ahhhh marketing ;-)

The main reason I don't see this camera being able to replace the IS-3 is
it's rather sad flash capabilities. The built in flash is weaker than the one
on the -3 (makes me wonder how useful the Super FP capabilities will be with
it), and even worse, there doesn't seem to be support for the G-40 flash, or
any external flash for that matter. Even better than G-40 capability would
have been a standard hot shoe with FL-40 (I think that's what it's called)
dedication, don't you think?

 Admittedly I don't own an IS (although I see an IS-30 in my future to serve
P&S duties). I'd love to hear what some IS-3 owners out there think of the
specs on this camera? AG-Schnozz, are you out there?

Paul Schings