[OM] The new iS-5000 now also on Olympus Europe site

Subject: [OM] The new iS-5000 now also on Olympus Europe site
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 19:51:17 +0100
http://cf.olympus-europa.com/consumer/photogra/series.cfm?id=IS-SERIES

Despite having the same filter diameter (52 mm) as the earlier simple models
the new iS-5000 apparently cannot use the already existing 52 mm C-160, C-180
and C-210 converters. According to the info at Olympus Europe there is a new
1.3x converter available for the new model (no mention of the older
converters). I wonder if they've changed the filter threads in some way so that
the old converters cannot be used? Is there someone who believes that the old
converters can be used on this new model? If so it would be interesting. Let me
see... 140 mm x 1.9X (the C-210) = 266 mm! Not bad for a simple iS model...

Regards,

Per Nordenberg