Re: [OM] L-5

Subject: Re: [OM] L-5
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 13:31:05 -0800 (PST)
>  Admittedly I don't own an IS (although I see an IS-30 in my
> future to serve
> P&S duties). I'd love to hear what some IS-3 owners out there
> think of the
> specs on this camera? AG-Schnozz, are you out there?

I looked at the specs and the picture and think it is not even
in the same league as the IS-3. Granted it has a few nice
updated features--such as the focusing ring, the lens isn't
worth squat.

I suspect the lens is probably VERY sharp, but the F-stop range
on it makes it seriously lacking.  28-140mm is a nice zoom range
though.  This could make a good "go-anywhere" camera for normal
P&S photography, but I doubt that it could be taken seriously
for much professional style use.

AG-I do like the color-Schnozz