Re: [OM] great photos from cheap equipment?

Subject: Re: [OM] great photos from cheap equipment?
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:05:39 -0500
On Wednesday, February 06, 2002 at 8:00, Tris Schuler
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] great photos from cheap equipment?" saying:
> >I think it was David Vestal who had his students set their cameras -- even
> >Leicas -- to a fixed aperture and shutter speed, and at the hyperfocal
> >distance for that aperture. He wanted his students to pay attention to the
> >subject, not to the technical aspects of making the picture. (This is
> >significant, because Vestal was a real fussbudget about technical quality.)

How did the pix of the ants come out? Or the portraits? Or the footballers?
Or the stage performers?

An interesting exercise, but only good for scenery on a sunny day.
Did he tape up the viewfinders, too?

tOM
--------------- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Olympus-Documentation
tOM Trottier,   ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980