RE: [OM] Re: David Vestal and "Seeing the Photo"

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: David Vestal and "Seeing the Photo"
From: "Robert R. Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:36:15 -0600
Yeah, but.... I use the manual mode on my OM-4Ti most of the time.  I
guess it's just habit from using the OM-1.  I think composition should
be natural - it's how the photographer sees the light that makes the
photograph.

Bob Gries

<snip>

I wager that most of us who have OM-2 and OM-4, etc. use the auto mode
more than manual.  We can control depth of field and aperture while
being cognizant of the shutter speed that results from a given aperture
setting.  Thus, little if any math or detailed thought process regarding
aperture and shutter speed gets in the way of the "creative process".