Re: [OM] L-5

Subject: Re: [OM] L-5
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 01:09:35 +0100
> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:24:23 EST
> From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [OM] L-5
>
> In a message dated 02/06/2002 11:14:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

> Yes. There is now info in Eng on the new iS-5000 at the japanese Oly site,
> and the URL is
> http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Camera/Lsrs/is5000E.html (there's a link to a
> separate
> page with the specs)
>

> Sounds more like an intermediate camera bewteen the IS/L-3(000) and
> IS/L-30(0) (not that that is a bad thing). Maybe they saved the
> L-4/IS-4/IS-4000 name for the REAL IS-3 replacement. We can only hope.
>
> Paul Schings

Yes, we can hope, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

IF there really is a L-4/iS-4/iS-4000 on the way my guess is it won't be
released for
another two years or so. It's ten years since Oly devoted enough development
efforts to
the iS series for the simultaneous release of two completely new models in the
series.

Regards,

Per Nordenberg