Re: [OM] XA questions

Subject: Re: [OM] XA questions
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:08:16 -0800
Bachofen wrote:

The XA is a fabulous camera. I love mine. I got it on E*ay and fixed the cover, needed a tiny ballbearing so it'd click open/shut.

On the subject of XA's, I got a free one someone threw in with an OM
purchase a while back. But it has a problem with the rangefinder being
'loose ??'. If you tip it up and tap the winder end into your palm
lightly, it's focus is way off. However, if you tap the flash end of the
camera into your palm lightly, it focuses right on. Anyone had a problem
like this, or experience fixing this? I can guess the distance by
looking at the numbers and get pretty good results, likely because of
the wide angle (especially stopped down some). Or if I remember to tap
it the right way... But I'd like to "tighten up" whatevers loose if I
knew where to start.  Wayne

Loose mirror or prism in the rangefinder? Probably just needs a dab of glue and an adjustment. John could do it, I am sure.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?