Re: [OM] Help me! Help me!

Subject: Re: [OM] Help me! Help me!
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:53:38 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Walt Wayman wrote:

> I have been given
> permission by my good lady wife to buy an E-20, or the like,
> before we leave for Alaska the last week in June.  I've decided to
> go digital on this outing to avoid the airport film x-ray hassles
> and travel as light as possible,

Buy an E10 while you still can and save the difference for future
investment in an interchangeable lens system camera a few years down the
line?

Which reminds me: I have, after all invested in a digital camera, but
not an E10.  I decided instead to start my foray into the totally
digital domain with a somewhat less expensive, much lower res, but in at
least one way better suited to my needs, C2100UZ.

It's not the massive zoom range, but the image stabiliser which suits me
- first indications are that it compensates to some extent for the lack
of ISO3200 sensitivity and F/2.8 max aperture.  I seem to be getting
surprisingly sharp images down to 1/4 s at the wide end of the zoom
range, hand-held.  Doesn't help with subject movement, though.

With these currently going for half the price of an E10, you might be
tempted to go the same route.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |