[OM] PayPal Interest Charges

Subject: [OM] PayPal Interest Charges
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 17:12:58 -0500 (EST)
I'm sure many of you use PayPal to pay for auction items so I thought I'd
mention this.  I just looked over my recent MasterCard statement and I
noticed that I was being charged interest for cash advances.  Since I didn't
have any cash advances, I thought that it was odd so I called MasterCard.
It seems PayPal put through some of the transactions as cash advances instead
of purchases.  From the printed statement it's impossible to tell this, but
they can see it on their computer.  They agreed it was an error and reversed
the interest charges.  If you use PayPal, it may be worth checking your
credit card statement carefully.
                                        -mark