Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 19:48:20 +0100 (CET)
On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, --p.j. wrote:

> >1. Who owns a Winder or MD?
> MD1, MD2, Winder2

Winder2, Winder2, Winder2, Winder2 (and I have a broken Winder2 which I'll
hopefully manage to repair). Actually, I try to keep one winder per
body....

> >2. How often is it used?
> very

Always. Uhmm....that is: my two OM1's are currently without winder, as is
my OM2n.

> >3. What is it used for?
> evrything except tripod work
> of course, I put a camera on a tripod whenever possible
> I guess the best way to put it is like this, if the subject moves =
> winder/MD...if it is static = tripod

Actually, I even use my winders on a tripod (with a cable-release,
that comes quite handy). The only thing I don't use a winder for is
macro-work.....

> >4. Is it stuck on an OM body permanently?
> sometimes on trips when my gear won't fit in a lowepro without it attached
> otherwise it is an off-and-on sort of affair

I only take it off to change batteries in the camera....;) I do macro with
the OM2n, which doesn't have a winder in the first place. I think it feels
better / grips better when the winder is on.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx