Re: [OM] PayPal Interest Charges

Subject: Re: [OM] PayPal Interest Charges
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 13:10:35 -0800
Mark Dapoz wrote:

On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

That *may* be so, but does it say "payable in U.S. dollars"? If so, that doesn't help much.

Why not?  Most banks will gladly convert a US dollar money order to the local
currency.  There may be a small fee, but the money order is still useable.

In fact, several Canadian eBay sellers I've dealt with said
that *domestic* U.S. money orders were acceptable at their
banks, since there's a high enough volume of U.S./Canadian
trade that the banks simply process the U.S. money orders
through their U.S. offices.  If I remember right, there was no
extra fee for accepting deposit of a domestic U.S. Postal
Money Order the last time I sent one to a seller in Canada.

Still, as both a seller and a buyer, I find PayPal well worth the money most of the time.

--
          josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
            http://www.phred.org/~josh/