Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 13:31:36 -0800
1. Who owns a Winder or MD?
    Me. Winder 2.

2. How often is it used?

   When I am doing portraits with a tripod and all that.
   Because I don't want to have to think about winding when I am posing etc.
   I also use an electronic release cord.

3. What is it used for?
   As above and also I used to use it for banquets and candids until I shot
a roll and
   it wasn't threaded on the take up spool.
   I could not see if the film was winding or not and I blew some good
shots.
   Now I wind by hand and look at the rewind crank.

4. Is it stuck on an OM body permanently?
    Hardly ever.

It does give balance to a flash on a bracket though.
I also find better balance with a longer (100mm) lens.

Charlie