Re: [OM] PayPal Interest Charges

Subject: Re: [OM] PayPal Interest Charges
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 14:07:46 -0800
At 01:10 PM 2/9/02 -0800, Josh P wrote:

>In fact, several Canadian eBay sellers I've dealt with said
>that *domestic* U.S. money orders were acceptable at their
>banks, since there's a high enough volume of U.S./Canadian
>trade that the banks simply process the U.S. money orders
>through their U.S. offices.  If I remember right, there was no
>extra fee for accepting deposit of a domestic U.S. Postal
>Money Order the last time I sent one to a seller in Canada.

Dead wrong Josh,

Canadian banks and credit unions are now flat out refusing to cash the USPS
"domestic" MO's as they say quite clearly on them US ONLY. There was a
period a little while ago where areas such as ours ( victoria, BC) which
are quite close to the border and have a lot of trade back and forth were
accepting the MOs -- that has now all stopped. I've had several in the last
six months where the MOs had to be replaced because of this. Sure wish
people could read on those auctions as I specifically state IMOs only.

Barry H