[OM] poorly exposed pics What to do?

Subject: [OM] poorly exposed pics What to do?
From: Clendon Gibson <bsandyman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 14:49:50 -0800 (PST)
I have a number of portraits of a friend that would be
perfect except for the fact that the exposure is off.

I took these pictures with the subject under a tree.
The tree supplies good shade.

The meter in the good ol OM2n gave me reading
including some brighter areas that where not shaded by
the tree, thus under-exposing my subject, and making
her look washed out.

Is there a way to correct?

Do I want to have a good lab take a crack at it?

Is a digital method preferred?

Any advice is appreciated.