Re: [OM] what happened to e-sif?

Subject: Re: [OM] what happened to e-sif?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 22:38:42 +0000
At 02:47 2/10/02, Tim wrote:

I was completely off track. My apologies to HVL.

Tim,
Not a flame; my first posting was harsh . . .

A little more history on the eSIF and its hosting:

It was available on-line for quite some time. IIRC, it was originally located on Xoom.com which offered free web site hosting. Xoom was "bought out" by NBCi and their free site hosting was consolidated with NBCi's. NBCi later shut down all its free site hosting. Garth Wood graciously agreed to host it on his employer's servers at some point after NBCi shut down their free site hosting.

The eSIF experienced large bandwidth consumption on Xoom/NBCi also, especially after Hnz added the PDF's.

There are some manuals here (rather incomplete, and looking for contributors):
  http://www.heier.com/olydocs/

A lot of other information is available on the OM Webring; a list of all 47 of the ring's sites is here (a couple of the sites listed have vanished):
  http://F.webring.com/webring?ring=olympusom;list

-- John