Re: [OM] It is Here

Subject: Re: [OM] It is Here
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:00:51 -0800 (PST)
Question is how long before it is less than $50,000
bucks a pop and also how fragile is it? No doubt it is
a groundbreaking new tech, but I'm not holding my
breath that it'll replace 35mm anytime soon. I mean if
pinhole and other simpler types of photography are
becoming vogue again I'm not worried about 35mm dying.
I've come to see different mediums of photgrapghy as
different tools. Like acrylic vs oil based paint vs
pastels vs watercolor. None has replaced the others.
This just gives us photographers a different medium to
play around with etc. With the exception of dangerous
processes such as Daguerrotyping (sp) etc almost every
format of photography is still alvie in one form or
another

Mark Lloyd