[OM] Kinky Freidman

Subject: [OM] Kinky Freidman
From: David McGriffy <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:18:09 -0600
"And what is a Kinky Friedman?  Sounds like somebody wearing a
raincoat who probably should be avoided, perhaps arrested."

That's one of the more accurate descriptions of Kinky Friedman I've heard. He is a Texas Jew who sings country music, mostly quite satirical. E.g. the husband telling his wife "get your biscuits in the oven and your buns in the bed ..." or "They ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore" Very funny if your skin is thick enough to not be insulted. Think Jim Hightower set to music. He also writes detective novels. Check him out if you get the chance. Note: I am not unbaised, he's an old acquaintance of some of my inlaws and he's from my part of the country.

DMcG