Re: [OM] what happened to e-sif?

Subject: Re: [OM] what happened to e-sif?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:32:22 -0800
on 2/11/02 9:37 AM, Daniel J. Mitchell at DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

>> Recent inquiries to Olympus reveal that they no longer send
>> out the manuals free of charge
>
> But you _can_ download manuals from their web site; www.olympusamerica.com,
> 'film cameras', 'support', pick 'manuals' from the dropdown, 'download
> manuals', '35mm cameras', and you can download manuals for the om1, om2,
> om2s, om4, om10, om77, om88, XA, the IS series, and a bunch of point+shoots.
>

> They're in some ways better than the e-sif ones, because they're
> text+images, rather than just a series of scans.
>
> -- dan

I've gotten a few of these Olympus .pdf manuals... but the model coverage
isn't complete, although it appears they are improving it. I wish more
companies did this, it doesn't cost them much, if they aren't going to
otherwise print and provide the old literature, to throw it up as .pdf's for
those who need it.
--

Jim Brokaw