Re: [OM] Photoshop5.0LE - worth having?

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop5.0LE - worth having?
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 06:28:27 +0000
Brian

I used LE when it came with my Minolta scanner, but I bought
Photoshop Elements when it came out.  It looks as if Elements is
bundled with some scanners in this country.  Elements is great.

I often wonder if it is worth upgrading to Photoshop, but Elements
does everything that I want of it.  Apparently it does not have CMYK
operation, but I am perfectly satisfied with RGB.  There are layer
operations, it seems, that you can do in Elements that are not
available in Photoshop...

So, no to LE, yes to Elements.  And as for scanners, the Canoscan
FS4000US gets a pretty good writeup for value for money.  But
actually I am happy with my sub-3000 scanner (Minolta Dimage Scan
Elite) with its SCSI connection.

Chris