[OM] More grip for OM body

Subject: [OM] More grip for OM body
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:27:51 +1300
Hi,

On the topic of Winders and grips in general, one thing I'd like to try is a
textured rubber pad glued on the RHS back and the adjoining part of the
Winder for my 2 and 4Ti, so that the heel of my right thumb has something
grippy to engage against when the rest of the hand is holding the motor of
the winder. Such a pad would complete the structure for better holding, when
the hand squeezes the camera in a grip.. With a bit more contour, it would
actually even fit the hand.

Any suggestions as to a material? A flat patch of the focus-ring material of
the 35~105 would do very well.

And again, for the sake of those whose conscience is squirming at the sight
of these sacrilegious words, this applies only with heavier lenses. When
using the 24, 35, 40, 50, and 100/2.8; no need. The bare body is fine.

Brian