RE: [OM] UP, was Fixing a Loose Focus Ring

Subject: RE: [OM] UP, was Fixing a Loose Focus Ring
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:27:18 -0800 (PST)
> Somehow I missed this. You live in the UP? If so, then we used
> to be
> neighbors about a hundred years ago.

Nope, Iowa.  I spent most of the first 26 years of my life in
the Muskegon area (Lower Peninsula, Lake Michigan shoreline),
but spent nearly every summer vacationing in the U.P. and for
about four years almost every weekend in the Mackinaw region.  I
absolutely love the UP and could easily settle there.  Only
matched by western Ireland, in my mind.

One of the coolest experiences I've had up there was seeing the
big Seney NWR forest fire jump 28.  This was the fire that went
underground in the bogs and burned for several years.

Marquette is a very nice, decent sized town.  Has everything one
needs, except for the opera or some such nonesense.  Good
culture, the military base helped bring in a lot of outside
blood into the area.  Alas, the B-52s don't fly out of there
anymore.

I know the place gets COLD in the winter, but I rather like
Duluth Minnisota.  Very beautiful city.  Think Seattle without
the whimpy Microsoft types.

AG-my wife prefers Florida-Schnozz