Re: [OM] OM-6 [Was: New image sensor - Foveon

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-6 [Was: New image sensor - Foveon
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:46:31 -0800 (PST)
I would think so when looking at these specs. But I
think you are right in that Olympus could design an
OM-6 SLR using our traditional lens. If designing a
new digital now, I would make it compatible with
present Zuikos. As for AF I would borrow Contax'
moving film box but with digital, all you would need
to move would be the sensor and not the whole mirror
box. There would be a little screen on the the back of
the camera for information and a small picture. But
the main viewfinder would be the Olympus EyeTrek
Monitor with a virtual 48 inch screen. Storage would
be with a miniature version of the Olympus
magnetoptical storage.

Warren
-wake me up when it happens

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0202/02021102foveonx3tech.asp
> The diagram indicates that the lowest sensor is 2um
> deep, and since
> there is less blooming than tradition CCD's - would
> this prove Olympus
> wrong about using traditional lenses, in that the
> light rays do not
> have to be as "parallel" for this sensor as it does
> for a CCD? They
> indicate a pixel size of 9um. Sure seems to me that
> a digital SLR
> taking traditional OM lenses would be possible with
> this technology.
>
> Wayne

> List >
> < For questions,