Re: [OM] Ultimate Ballhead

Subject: Re: [OM] Ultimate Ballhead
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:04:39 -0800

> .......If you stick solely to a very light load (your OM-1 with 50mm macro, say) I
> think a super lightweight ballhead might be enough no matter the angle you
> position your gear in. Gitzo happens to sell a honey. I forget the
> nomenclature but it should be easy to run down.....

That would be the G075. A sweet little thing. I just bought a used one
from B&H but it is even smaller than it looks in the picture and I'm
going to send it back because I'm looking for something to use with the
300.

Mike

That would be pushing it. I thought that would make the perfect lens for me this summer, but then I decided against it. I might still pick one up for travelling. I tried it with my 85-250 and it seemed to be stable enough level. Seems to me Linhof made a small ballhead, too. Might check into that. That's always good stuff.

Tris