Re: [OM] Question to XA-Owners:

Subject: Re: [OM] Question to XA-Owners:
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:46:15 -0600
Actually, as is so often the case w/olympus models, the needle in the finder is
only an indicator --
it in no way actually "controlls" anything.  The meter needle can be completely
dead and an XA will
still take properly exposed photo -- you just won't know the approximate
shutter speed it will use.

There are 2 CdS cells behind the ASA plate in a frame that moves with the
aperture slide.  One cell
controls the meter, the other controls the actual exposure time, which, btw, is
stepless.  Unless
you're checking on an exposure tester, there's no way to determine accuracy.