Re: [OM] 3Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] 3Ti
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:03:15 -0800
on 2/13/02 10:57 AM, Bachofen at mbachofen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> "3Ti does otf flash"    I know we've gone over this at length, but how does
> the 3Ti do this?  That is, the 4Ti does otf flash, but how
> (physically/mechanically) does the 3Ti.
> Thanks,
> M.E.Bachofen

The meter sensors are already reading OTF, all they do is send the 'flash
quench' signal to the right contact of the hot shoe when the light level is
enough. The only difference is that the meter somehow needs to account for
slower than 1/60th shutter speeds that can be set for OTF with this body.
The other OTF-capable bodies automatically set themselves to 1/60th (or is
it 1/45th?) when an OTF-capable flash is in the hot shoe (or the special
cables are plugged in) and the camera is set to 'auto'. The OTF flash in the
3Ti is an extension of the metering capability, not the shutter.
--

Jim Brokaw