Re: [OM] Is this for Stereo Astronomy?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is this for Stereo Astronomy?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:41:57 -0800
It's a mirror site.

Tom

On Wednesday, February 13, 2002 at 13:37, john.oregan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "[OM] Is this for Stereo Astronomy?" saying:

 Hi

 This one had me wondering for a little while, looks like a 'twin 500mm'

 > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1332738625

 then I looked at the sellers other auctions..

 JohnOR

Could be. Binocular viewing of the heavens is done, but not frequently, because of the increased cost. Once large binoculars are left behind, people experiment with binocular splitters on a regular telescope requiring duplication of eyepieces. Even though you end up with the same amount of light it is split between two eyes which seem to be better than one plus the strain of keeping one eye shut is eliminated. I doubt that stereo photography would work since essentially everything is at infinity. An experiment that failed?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?