Re: [OM] Battery consumptions of OM-4*

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery consumptions of OM-4*
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 07:39:11 +0000
At 11:14 2/14/02, Henrik Dahl wrote:
> OM-4 = quick drain (=*always* bring spares)
> OM-4T(i) = normal drain
> OM-4 with Ti circuit = normal drain
>
> Henrik Dahl

I get about 9 months of cell life in the OM-4 (same with the OM-2S also).
Film burn rate is about 75-100 36-exp. rolls per year.
Notes:
a. I keep the beeper off, rarely use the self-timer and can count the number of times using the viewfinder illuminator over the past several years on one hand. All three are huge power hogs. b. Keep the shutter speed ring on one of the "red" shutter speed positions ("B" or "60") when its not in use. This turns off all of the above; they cannot be activated accidentally. c. Use *only* silver cells which hold voltage constant until the very end (#357 watch cells work best). Alkalines have a very, very short life in the OM-4 (and OM-2S) due to their voltage fall-off curves.