Re: [OM] 40/2 on yahoo...

Subject: Re: [OM] 40/2 on yahoo...
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:54:38 -0500
I know these are cute little lenses, I even have one. But, a good
50/1.8 is hardly that much bigger, is sharper, and is easier to use
than this one. Even the 50/1.8 lens shade is much better, allowing you
to put the lens cap on and reverse the shade for storage. With the 40/2
lens shade attached, it's not really smaller and it's hard to keep from
bumping the aperture setting. But, don't let *reason* get in the way of
owning one, I didn't. Too bad there is not enough room for the 50/1.8
lens shade to work on the 40/2....

Wayne