RE: [OM] What's up now with MF?

Subject: RE: [OM] What's up now with MF?
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:04:40 -0600 (CST)
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:16:50 -0700, Daniel J. Mitchell wrote:

>> It takes less than 20 minutes in the darkroom. If you're shooting
>> b&w, ESPECIALLY 120 B&W, I encourage you to buy a small tank and
>> develop your own film. Even if you let the local lab handle your
>> printing, those negs are large enough to do a lot of proofing in a
>> small light table.
>
> Hm, that's an interesting idea, and it's got to be cheaper and easier to
>set up than an entire darkroom..

Figure maybe 10 or 20 bucks for a good tank, a couple of measuring
beakers, and some storage bottles for your chemicals. A light tight
room (be creative with trashbags and rolled up towels) and you're in
business. Process a couple of scrap rolls to learn (you WILL mess one
of the first couple of rolls), but by your third or fourth roll, you
should be good to go.
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co