Re: [OM] What's up now with MF?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's up now with MF?
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:06:59 -0800
I still say it depends on the kind of pictures. If the questioner wants to know how to improve action shots of hocky or shots of wildlife, MF will certainly make them worse, if not impossible.
Cameras and lenses are tools, pick the one(s) suited for the job.

Moose

Winsor Crosby wrote:

We've got the same kind of discussions going on now over on the Pentax list
about MF.  Several folks going to MF, some, like me, the relatively
inexpensive way with Yashica Mats, but some going with Pentax 67's and 645s.
I guess that once you've seen those big negatives it kind of spoils you.

Bill  KG4LOV, WPRS983
wowens1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I saw someone write into a column for advice on buying a new camera to improve the quality of his 35mm pics and he was wondering whether it was worth it to replace his mid level Japanese equipment with a Leica or a Contax. The answer, which I thing was a pretty good one, was if you want a small improvement go ahead and get either one. If you want a huge improvement spend the same money on a medium format camera.

I think there is still a love of film too that is quickly being overtaken by digital in the 35mm realm. People may feel medium format is a little farther away from the techno-barbarians at the gate.