Re: [OM] Two things in March Pop Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Two things in March Pop Photo
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:02:55 -0800 (PST)
--- ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Came across two items in the March Popular
> Photography you may be interested
> in.
> First was the mag's review of the Nikon FM3a. They
> loved it "the best Nikon
> FM ever", (they love everything. They truly do).
> What caught my eye was the
> 45mm 2.8 lens for the camera. It was only 11/16 inch
> thick- they get 4
> elements in 3 groups in there. Our own 40/2 I
> believe, is 1 full inch thick.

  This lens sounds alot like the 45mm f2.8 GN Nikor
that Nikon sold in the 70's. It was a very flat lens
also, certainly less than 1in. thick. This was a lens
that you could set a Guide Number control tab and then
the lens would adjust the opening depending on the
distance it was focused to, a feature found also on
many fixed lens rangefinders of the same time period.
John Robison