Re: [OM] Two things in March Pop Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Two things in March Pop Photo
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 07:24:43 -0600
At 12:47 AM 2/15/2002 +0000, you wrote:
At 17:57 2/14/02, George S. wrote:
Came across two items in the March Popular Photography you may be interested in. First was the mag's review of the Nikon FM3a. They loved it "the best Nikon FM ever", (they love everything. They truly do).

Not surprised they would be enamored to the FM3a. I just recommended a friend of mine consider a used FM3a instead of the used FM2n body he was looking at (he has/uses a Nikon MF system). The FM3a is much like having both an FE2 and FM2n in the same body and the price points on the used bodies weren't that far apart. The equivalent in the OM system would be all the features of the OM-3ti and OM-4ti combined in the same body.

-- John

Sort of, John, but you're being a little too generous with the OM-3 + OM-4 thing. It's really more like combining OM-1 and OM-2N in the same body. The meter is center-weighted only, I believe. (Very good meters, but not as wonderful as the advanced OMs.)

Joel W.