[OM] Semi-OT: Holga - lubitel

Subject: [OM] Semi-OT: Holga - lubitel
From: "Robert R. Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 07:56:33 -0600
Yes, it is quite nice for a $15 camera.  Have you seen the Lubitel?
It's a twin lens that has glass elements - very nice for what it is!

<snip>

 For one thing, now I know how 120 film works! For another, while the
vignetting's pretty bad, and there's the odd light leak, the lens is
actually pretty sharp if I focus it properly. 6x6 shots are a neat way
look at the world, too.

 That said, it seems to work better with b/w than colour, because the
whole
grungy thing comes together a lot more nicely there.