RE: [OM] Tope 9, printers and other questions

Subject: RE: [OM] Tope 9, printers and other questions
From: "jamesfc@xxxxxxx" <jamesfc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:09:08 -0500
Bill, I can't comment on the Epson 2000P, but I have the Epson 1270 and that
printer constantly amazes me at the quality I get.  The replacement for the
1270 is the 1280 (1290 in Europe) and the new printer feature 2880 x 720
resolution instead of the 1440 x 720 resolution of the 1270.  According to most
of the reviews I've read, the higher resolutions use a lot more ink, but the
increase in image detail is really only evident if you examine the print with a
loupe.  At standard viewing distances with the unaided eye, they look
identical.  The 1280 does permit edge to edge printing with more paper sizes,
however.

The 2000P takes advantage of archival inks, some of which are rated close to
100 years.  I agree with you, 25 years is plenty for my photos.  In a few years
there will probably be newer and better technology available anyway!

In that regard, Epson seems to change their models every six to nine months, so
I wouldn't be surprised to see a replacement for the 1280 and 2000P models
announced at any time.  You can't really go wrong with any of these printers.

Jim Caldwell