Re: [OM] what happened to e-sif?

Subject: Re: [OM] what happened to e-sif?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:07:00 -0700
At 02:53 AM 10/02/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I agree. It's definately worth the money. But, my money situation is
>similar. $23 here, $23 there, and situations like the US post office
>wanting 5 cents per email and eventually things will be more difficult.
>I'm just glad I was able to download the whole thing and burn it to my
>own CD before it was going to be taken down.

Thanks, Larry.  You're one of the people who contributed to the e-SIF going
off-line.  Just couldn't resist abusing a public service, could you?

Please don't bother replying.  Apparently, you're too much of a f**k-wit (as
evidenced by your actually believing the urban legend about the USPS charging
five cents per e-mail) to be listened to.

And NO, I'm not apologizing.  So if anybody wants to suggest I should, don't
waste the bandwidth.

As for the e-SIF itself -- it *may* go back on-line, but in a modified form
(for instance, it may be account and password-protected, with people's
downloads actually being logged; it may also go moderately subscription-based
[say, five dollars USD a year] to discourage brazen free riders).  It actually
hasn't been "removed" from the server farm yet -- just made unavailable for the
nonce.

Garth Wood