Re: [OM] OT Software Piracy Rant

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Software Piracy Rant
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:43:14 -0400

Walt Wayman wrote:

> I've been a little amused by some of the holier-than-thou comments
> on software piracy.  I guess none of you have even a single
> shareware program on your computer you use occasionally but never
> registered.  And I'm sure you never drive over the speed limit,
> which actually is something that makes you more of a criminal
> than "stealing" software, which is a misnomer created by the
> software industry.
>

> I'm going now to seek some cover.  Y'all can heave it my way for a
> while.  Have fun. :-)
>
> Walt Wayman

Wayne, who isn't able to install software even if he could steal it, and
whose kids have over the years probably loaded pirated games on and off
this thing till he doesn't know which is which, is not jumping on the
holier-than-thou wagon, because he has also broken the speed limit, and
numerous other laws, both manmade, and more seriously, divine. But, as a
matter of principle, he is against stealing software. Now to slow
down...