[OM] Tamron SP 80-200/2.8 vs. Tokina ATX

Subject: [OM] Tamron SP 80-200/2.8 vs. Tokina ATX
From: Mike Darling <cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:03:45 -0500
Does anyone here have experience with the Tamron SP 80-200/2.8 or the Tokina ATX 80-200/2.8?

How do these two lenses compare quality wise? I'm leaning towards the Tamron now, lured by the Adapt-all mount. I've only seen pictures of the Tamron... Do both come with tripod mounts? Any suggestions on fair used values? There is only one Tamron in the completed auctions that i can find,
 and it was ~$200.  Only one Tokina at ~$150 in Pentax K mnt.

The bigger question would be how do these lenses compare to the Zuiko 180/
2.8? I can justify owning both the 65-200/4 and the 180 due to the speed differences, but i don't think I'd hesitate selling one or both to finance a faster zoom. Especially a zoom that i could take with me if i move to a different system in the future.

I use the 180 weekly and love it. Same with the 65-200. Is one of these fast zooms going to give me the best of both?

--------
Mike Darling