Re: [OM] USB vs. SCSI was: Canon 2710 vs. 2720

Subject: Re: [OM] USB vs. SCSI was: Canon 2710 vs. 2720
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 21:36:31 -0500
>I think SCSI is a faster interface, but I suspect
>that both are probably capable of transmitting the fastest data stream
>the scanner produces.

I want to say that USB is up to 2MB/sec
whereas SCSI-2 is up to 10MB/sec.
I don't know how this relates to the scanner in question, but USB certainly
has it's limitations, otherwise there wouldn't be USB 2.0, Firewire and
SCSI.  Also, it's probably not a coincidence that many "pro" (obviously not
consumer) scanners still use SCSI.

HTH...and I hope someone else will comment in more detail!
--p.j.