Re: [OM] Estimate prices for a used ZUIKO

Subject: Re: [OM] Estimate prices for a used ZUIKO
From: "Ian Manners" <ian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:17:19 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Olaf

>A used Zuiko 2.8 / 35-80 optics has been offered to me. I would rate the
>condition to be A - or AB, as there is soem wear and tear on the top filter
>ring (just the black colour comes off).

This lens is my prime lense, its a brillant all rounder, balanced, good
feel, and I have 16 lenses. 15-20 years ago I never thought I would
use a zoom as my prime lens.

>>Could you emlighten me which price is suitable according to the various
>>sources of information you might have ?

Mine cost about US$1,500.00 (AU$3,200 wholesale) new in about 1990,
so as long as the glass and movement is good I would pay anywere
from US$700 to US$1000, to narrow it down I/you would really need
to look at it.

>I would be interested in any statement from Yen to Dollar, just to be able
>to compare - however the most interesting price comparison for me would be
>in Euro, as I live in Germany.

I live in Australia, so I cant help you with the conversions, I know
there are websites out there that can do aprox conversions for you.

>Moreover could you please emlighten me as whether there are different
>versions of this quite rare Zuiko - depending on the make year / country
>sold to ?

Not that I'm aware of, just the one model was made.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.com.au

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= 3639 E3AD 8897 3E9A D68D  C340 8D01 2D80 6117 B593

And lets not forget our Lawyer friends who think Ethics is a place in England
~s~