Re: [OM] Re: Why the fondness for silvernoses?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Why the fondness for silvernoses?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:48:12 -0600
They aren't better, but they look better.

Joel W.

At 07:55 PM 2/28/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Hi Folks,

Today's discussion about silvernose lenses prompted a
question I've had in my mind for quite a while. It seems that a lot
of OM folks have a fondness for the Zuiko "silvernose" lenses.
This seems to be penchant that other OM users (not on the list)
share as well. Is there something particular about them that
users like? Are they better in some definable way that the
multicoated lenses? How do they stack up against the
single-coated "blacknose" lenses, e.g. my 50mm f1.8?

Regards,
Stephen.