RE: [OM] Olympus do a Leica?

Subject: RE: [OM] Olympus do a Leica?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:54:10 -0700
For what it's worth, here's some info from the seller: he contacted me
off-list to explain what's going on, and you can also find this posted on
the eBay 'photo kit' board at:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBoard&name=pho

Hello I would like to clarify some of the mistakes I made on listing Item #
1336069336 Olympus OM1 special edition. 1st. It was not called a special
edition by Olympus 2nd. It was not produced in 1972 It was later a MD
version maybe 76 or 77 i do not know for sure. Every thing else was correct.
The camera is new and never had a roll of film in it. It is not a Morgen
Sparks covering. The camera was covered by Olympus NYC at that time you had
to buy a om1 or a om2 and send it to them for covering. To my understanding
it was around $50.00. Also I said IT was leather I was wrong It is a lizard
type covering that was available in red, jade green and possibly one other
color. Now how do I know all this now? I obtained the camera from a Pasquale
Ferazzoli who worked for Olympus from 1976 or 77 till a few years ago and it
was given to him as a gift by olympus. All You smart Olympus Buffs out there
if you do a little research he was the director of product development and
training programs for Olympus. He also was in charge of Olympus dealings
with NASA's space shuttle programs. I have a brochure called The Olympus
Pursuit VOL 1 NO 2 June 1982 that he gave me with picture of the space
shuttle Columbia that Pasquale set up and took himself along with Olympus
professional staff and a picture of he himself Pasquale on the front cover
Oh! The Columbia took off in March 1982 June 82 was just when the brochure
was published. As far as the camera being serviced It was done because the
seals were all gummy and the repair man adjusted the meter to accept the
newer battery. All you Olympus experts It is reversible It does not take
away from the value Of the camera. One other thing I had a $500.00 reserve
on the camera. You can be sure that if I ever re list the camera It will
never have that low of a reserve again and I asked Pasquale to get me some
type of documentation from Olympus. I would never list anything on ebay that
is bogus or deceptive to anyone. I think my feedback record speeks for
itself. We all make mistakes. The thing is to admit to them then correct
them. Thank You For reading this long message. If any one out there would
like a copy of the front page of the Olympus space shuttle brochure I would
be happy to email you in a jpeg attachment form just email me at
jfournier@xxxxxxxxxxxx Joe Fournier