RE: [OM] silvernose

Subject: RE: [OM] silvernose
From: jowilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:12:49 -0600
>===== Original Message From NSURIT@xxxxxxx =====
>Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

Words to live by.

>I prefer the black bodies
>(currently have 9 of them vs 2 chrome) and like the black nosed lenses,
>although I wouldn't make a buying decision based on the black nose/silver
>nose question.  Given the choice of a SC or MC, I would go with the MC,
>assuming same condition. I wonder if the silver nosed crowd likes chrome
>bodies better than the black?

I think I prefer the black bodies too.  I think silvernoses look very good on
both black and chrome bodies.  Blacknoses look good on black bodies but less
good to me on chrome bodies than silver ones.

The difference between a SC and MC Zuiko seems to me to be far less than the
difference between either type and a Nikkor, most of which are very contrasty.
 The contrast characteristics of Zuikos are very refined I think. This
characteristic doesn't seem essentially to have been lost in the transition
from SC to MC.  The 35-80/2.8 is a very contrasty lens, but it is still more
like any other Zuiko than a Nikkor.  The somewhat moderate contrast of the
90/2 is one of the things that makes it so special, despite its being MC and
one of the newest Zuikos.

Joel W.